Psychodynamic Equine Assisted Traumatherapy (pEATT) -
Who is this training for?
If you have completed or are in the process of finishing pEATT 1:1, and want to learn more about the essentials in psychodynamic equine assisted Traumatherapy, then this course is for you.
Please do not enroll unless you have taken Module 1 Part 1 - https://mimer-centre-school.teachable.com/p/peatt-psychodynamic-equine-assisted-traumatherapy-module-1-part-1 - as you will not be able to attend otherwise.
We welcome you to join us as we delve deeper into the topics and expand it by including examples of working with members of the Armed Forces.
Ilka Parent, Minds-n-Motion
and the rest of the Trainer Team
Welcome to Module 1: Part 2.
pEATT 1:2 focuses on the theoretical components of Psychodynamic Equine Assisted Traumatherapy. In this course, we look at the essentials when it comes to traumawork - the elements, how to structure sessions, what to look for to ensure a „safe" environment for all: clients - horses - and team members. We take a closer look at combat related Posttraumatic Stress ("dis"-order) and give you an insight into the military structure - its elements and building blocks. While taking a first look at complex PTS(d), we focus more and more on the horse, to highlight what the horse, as equal team member with respect for his/her differences, actually contributes to sessions. (10:45 hrs, incl. 2 hrs of online supervision)
Cost: 460,- Euros (incl. appl. taxes/fees)
Main Instructors: Ilka Parent and Eric Warhonowicz from Minds-n-Motion, Katarina Lundgren from MiMer Centre
PEATT 1:2 is part of a certification curriculum in psychodynamic Equine Assisted Traumatherapy, consisting of 4 Modules, incl. a certification exam. You can read more about the certification curriculum here: www.mindsnmotion.org
Module 1 is offered online:
pEATT 1, Part 1: The Fundamentals of psychodynamic Equine Assisted Psychotherapy (pEAT)
pEATT 1, Part 2: The Essentials of psychodynamic Equine Assisted Traumatherapy (pEATT)
pEATT 1, Part 3: Putting Theory into Practice in pEATT
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance for each Part you complete. If you attend and pass all three Module 1 Parts, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. This Certificate of Completion is necessary for you to attend any other Modules in pEATT.
Defining and Working with trauma,
incl. complex-PTS(d) and dissociative "dis-orders".
Trauma in the Armed Forces
Combat related stress reactions and "dis-orders" -
its specifics, challenges and characteristics.
- BACKGROUND: COLLABORATION
- INFORMATION: pEATT, EiT - POSSIBLE CERTIFICATES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Disclaimer and Trigger Warning
- INFORMATION: Course Structure, Course Elements, Home Work, Assignments, Q & A
- INFORMATION BOARD: Check In Here Regularly!
- INTRODUCTION BOARD: Introduce Yourself!
- REQUIRED READING LIST
- VIDEO: Recorded Zoom Meetings (133:01)
- VIDEO: Introductions and Definitions (14:16)
- DISCUSSION BOARD: PEATT - What is a Model?
- VIDEO: Trauma - A "Felt" Experience (6:03)
- VIDEO: Why this Song? A "Felt" Experience (14:37)
- VIDEO: Trauma Definitions and Diagnostics (36:43)
- Video: Back to the Horses: What does Trauma look like in pEATT? (10:35)
- DISCUSSION BOARD: Trauma Definitions and Diagnostics
- VIDEO: 2nd Case Example (17:47)
- VIDEO: Dissociation (19:08)
- VIDEO: A Psychoeducational Model (33:47)
- DISCUSSION BOARD: Trauma and Psychoeducation
- VIDEO: Video: Screening Questionnaires and Treatment Phases (33:46)
- DISCUSSION BOARD: Treatment Phases
- VIDEO: Working with the Military - A "Foreword" and Disclaimer (6:02)
- VIDEO: An Introduction to the Military (5:38)
- VIDEO: The Military Structure (32:05)
- VIDEO: The Downward Spiral (12:06)
- VIDEO: Lifeframe and Triggers - Trigger Potential (14:49)
- VIDEO: PTS(d) in Civilians and in Military Service Members - a Comparison? (19:59)
- VIDEO: Who gets it? (19:28)
- VIDEO: Diagnostics: Combat Related PTS(d), Moral Injury and TBI (45:31)
- VIDEO: Often overlooked: The Military Family (17:53)
- VIDEO: Finally: The Soldier/Veteran in the Therapeutic Setting (33:30)
- VIDEO: Up Close and Personal: A look at Vietnam Veterans (46:04)
- DISCUSSION BOARD: Putting it together
As a result of the collaboration between MiMer Centre and Minds-n-Motion, the “Equine Assisted Traumatherapy from a psychodynamic perspective” training contains all necessary and elemental parts from prior individual trainings. By combining the former versions of pEATT and EIT/L trainings, new information is therefore also available for all previous attendees.
We honor your previous attendance and will give you a 50% discount for those parts you attended if you choose to attend the new Module 1. Contact Ilka at [email protected], or Ally Katarina at [email protected] for your discount coupon.
Bundle prices for returnees:
Returnees with prior attendance of (previous/former) PEATT Part 1/ EIT Level 1 only: € 920,-
Returnees with prior attendance of (previous/former) PEATT Part 1+2/ EIT Level 1+2: € 690,-
Ilka Parent, Clin. Psychotherapist,
Depth Psychology, Psychotraumatherapy (DeGPT)
In the past 30 years, my clinical focus has been on specializing in traumatherapy, be it combat related aspects or complex PTS(d).
In the equine assisted field, I have a worldwide network, organize regular international symposia on equine welfare in equine assisted practices, and publish both textbooks and articles on the topic of traumatherapy with horses on the team.